Ep 3: Unearthing Our PurposeFeb 07, 2023
Hello my friends! For today’s episode, I will be talking about purpose, why it’s important to talk about purpose, and finding and fully using our gifts. I’ll also be getting into the growing discontent with our careers, the five areas of the Aligned Leadership Framework, and I answer some client and listener questions.
Let’s delve in!
In this Episode You’ll Learn:
- [01:31] What is purpose?
- [06:34] Why it’s important to be having this conversation.
- [07:41] Why we feel discontent with our work.
- [08:32] How I chose my career.
- [12:59] The Aligned Leadership Framework.
- [13:48] Our Gifts.
- [14:53] Impact.
- [15:12] Joy.
- [15:38] Value.
- [16:16] Needs.
- [18:02] Purpose Q&A.
- [18:13] “Do you think it’s better to not have your job be your passion so it doesn’t ruin your passion?”
- [19:05] “Do you think everyone can love their job?”
- [20:22] “Are there anything you see successful people doing that we could borrow?”
- [21:22] “I’m an entrepreneur, and I felt like I built my business around my purpose, but now I’m not so sure.”
- [24:09] “What if you’re not exceptional at anything when it comes to your gifts?”
- [25:00] Do this exercise to recognize your gifts.
- “Purpose is who we be and how we express that being in the most authentic way we possibly can.” [01:36]
- “Living entirely in our zone of genius is a form of privilege, but we want to take a step towards it every day.” [11:42]
- “The goal in life is not to attain some imaginary ideal. It’s to find and fully use our own gifts.” [11:51]
- “Joy is not the destination. Joy is a crucial and necessary ingredient.” [15:23]
- “We are always evolving, we’re always changing, always growing. It’s one of the only constants.” [23:22]
Connect with Amina AlTai
The Great Work of Your Life, by Stephen Cope
The Seat of The Soul, by Gary Zukav
The Big Leap, by Gay Hendricks